Ganked from tajasel.
2010 in review
1. Was 2010 a good year for you?
Like everyone else I know that has written year-end reviews I’d have to admit that this year passed without either great ups or downs. Many would happily see that as success. I’m have good friends, want for very little and am generally happy. When asked by someone what 2010 would be remembered for in years to come after a brief though I could only think of Gidon and Nathan being born. I suspect as we get older births, deaths and marriages is how, outside of major world developments, years will be remembered.
2. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Had a wedding anniversary 🙂
Helped organise a live-game
Struggling to think of others… Fewer new things every year I fear…
3. What was your favourite moment of the year?
Lots of things were fun (Annie-and-Dave Con, holidays, other games cons) but nothing really sticks out.
4. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Again, nothing really comes to mind. I’m assuming this is a Good Thing ™.
5. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no. Start resolutions on a specific date is for schmucks.
6. What are your plans for 2011?
They seem to be almost entirely that same as what I did in 2010. Not sure what that says… Maybe I’m just doing it right already… 🙂
I have a couple of non-work projects that might be nice but would involve me actually, you know, doing some effort at some point…
7. Did anyone close to you give birth?
By certain definitions of "close", yes. Two couples.
8. Did anyone close to you die?
9. How many weddings did you go to?
10. What countries did you visit?
Finland (work), USA (vacation).
11. What dates in 2010 will remain etched in your memory?
Probably only my wedding anniversary (when was that again)…? 🙂
12. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
13. What was your biggest failure?
Meh. Could have gone to the gym more, could have studied more, could have done more for good causes, could have worked out projects more, could have read more, could have looked for a better job… List goes on…
14. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Other than whingieness – no.
15. What was the best thing you bought?
Actually getting less and less into possessions (at least material ones) as I get older. We continue to get rid of things (including all our CDs this year). The folks at Oxfam groan when we turn up again. In short, can’t think of anything…
16. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Any of my friends who persevered through tough times or took whole-life changes head-on with aplomb.
17. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A fair portion of the general public and especially those with power and authority. Barely anyone I know put a flicker on the Appalling Scale this year.
18. Where did most of your money go?
Savings, holidays, food, events, given to 🙂
19. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing built up much anticipation this year. In terms of after the event Frank Turner was awesome.
20. What lyrics will you remember most from 2010?
"Yeah, well life is about love, lost minutes and lost evenings
About fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings
And the aching amplitudes that set our needles all a-flickering
And they help us with remembering that the only thing that’s left to do is live"
21. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? About the same.
Despite going to the gym and being lighter earlier in the year probably about the same.
b) Happier or sadder? About the same..
About the same.
c) Richer or poorer? About the same…
The same – any extra income goes into savings.
22. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Again struggling to think of anything. That’s actually quite worrying…
23. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stayed up far too late at night for no good reason. Booked to go and see things by reflex rather than thinking about it.
24. How did/will you spend Christmas?
At ‘s folks which was excellent as always.
25. Which LJ/DW users did you meet IRL for the first time?
I think Chris M. is the only person with an LJ/DM presence that I met for the first time this year (well, met properly to speak to).
26. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, the human endocrine system is annoying. Thankfully went away quite quickly.
27. What was your favourite month of 2010?
Probably December – Frank Turner and time with Annie’s folks (plus no work).
28. How did/will you see in the new year?
29. What was your favourite TV show?
Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Walking Dead. There’s very little TV I’m still watching and, Walking Dead excepted, I’ve not seen anything new that’s been good for ages and nothing coming next year excites.
30. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
What a terrible question. I’ve never managed to stay emotionally angry with anyone, ever, for more than a couple of days.
31. What were the best books you read?
Tough since I’m not at home so don’t have access to bookshelves… Little Brother was good…
32. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Like many people – Frank Turner
33. What did you want and get?
Non-specific happiness 🙂
34. What did you want and not get?
Some kind of purpose (I suspect this will be the same answer every year)
35. What was your favourite film this year?
The only one I can remember really loving was How To Train Your Dragon.
36. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 38 and, don’t hate me, I can’t remember what I got…
37. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
38. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
39. What/who kept you sane?
40. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Meh, not really into that. Although have re-watched Doctor Who after getting DVDs for Xmas and for first time might be seeing what people see in KG
41. Which political issue stirred you the most?
42. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Not sure I did… 😦
43. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
Jeez – how many ways can you ask #34…