One of an on-going series of people who don’t pick up my serendipitous links via RSS or Twitter (go on, you know you want to) :-).
Anyway – on of the really interesting new finds of the last few weeks is the blog of the stats guys who work for the dating website OK Cupid.
What the entries in this show is that, surprise surprise, people lie about the kind of social interactions (dating in this example) that they seek or are happy to settle with.
Recently there’s been very interesting entries on:
- Gay folks vs straight folks : A tiny percentage of gay folks make up the whole of the ‘gay stereotype’, the map of who is gay-curious seems to me to be much closer to a map of racial distribution that religious distribution and the average straight guy in the US is a scary scary person
- Small lies most people tell
- Everyone’s a little bit racist?
- More interesting breakdowns by race
- Men really like older women (but won’t admit it)