I’m off to a lecture tonight on The World in 2050.
I’m going to have a go at listing what I would talk about and see how many of them come up…
- "AI" still doesn’t work (but we’re getting closer via simulating large parts of the human cortex)
- Home fabricating of products
- Mass reduction in copyright and drug laws
- Wars fought over resource issues (especially access to water) but fought using terrorist tactics – almost complete end of "state warfare"
- Both India and China are more influential on the world stage then America or the European Union
- Therapeutic cloning (limb and organ replacement)
- Neural integration with prosthetics and other devices (such as "phones").
- Most computing power processed remotely
- Humanoid robots almost indistinguishable from people but only able to perform extremely simple tasks
- Climate changes noticeable by everyone
- Beginning of the end of the nation state as people identify more strongly with their online communities than their neighbours (see "Diamond Age")
That’s just a 5 minute go – let’s see what turns up… 🙂