President Elect Obama has stated that his version of the weekly Presidential Address will also now include video to be posted on YouTube.
Listening today to the first broadcast it really does stand out how different things might be from next year.
- There must be an integrated G=global response to problems such as the financial crisis
- There has to be very high levels of long investment, in critical infrastructure such as, roads, bridges and school buildings
- 150Bn will be spent on building a "green economy"
- He again used the words "spirit", "service" and "personal sacrifice"
- He said "We must look after not only ourselves but also each other"
These changes are as much philosophical as anything – should make for interesting times ahead…