Current RPG meme…
1.Sally Ellen O’Neill (Cyberpunk)
2.Francine Allias du Crieux (7th)
5.Alexi? (The Gathering)
9.Pyotyr Chelyabinska (7th Sea)
10.John Smith (Nobilis)
11.Sinead Thomas (Serenity)
12.Timothy Myers (Victoriana)
1) Who would make a better college professor: 6, or 11?
Vector would make a much better college professor than Sinead. Vector has severe emotional issues (his empathy is next-to-non-existant thanks to bad cyberwear surgery) but he is extremely intellegent and more than happy to teach and help people. Sinead on the other hand is a hard-drinking burnt-out ex-army grunt with serious post-trauma issues.
2) Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Oh, darling, she may not be the most classically attractive but you want what she has – believe me… 😉
3) 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Tim is a very wet priest whereas EPIC-Y-CLE is a gung-ho tech-obsesses Troubleshooter. Tim would probably send him to destroy a nest of demon cultists while the good reverend hid in the wardrobe.
4) What is, or would be, 9’s favourite book?
Pyotyr is not a big reader. Probably some love poetry which works well with the ladies!
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
It doesn’t really make sense either way but it’s slightly more likely that Vector would swear feality to Francine as he is extremely logical and tends to believe what people say and she is (or likes to thing she is) manipulative.
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
Oh, definitly Pyotyr. In a lot of ways they are very similar! They are both Russian and live in a word steeped in magic (albeit Alexi in the Dark Ages and Pyotyr in the Renessence). John on the other hand appears most of the time as a semi-coherent babbling weirdo.
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Francine, Merielle and Timothy? Interesting… Tim and Francine would want to go somewhere expensive and nice whereas Merielle would care as long as someone else way paying. They could all certainly talk about magic as they are all fascinated by that. Tim is a member of the Magic Guild, Francine is a Porte Mage and Merielle’s brother was a very powerful mage who was killed by his own power – she now hates magic. After that they could discuss religion. Francine is a devout Vatacine (Catholic) but has doubts, Tim came to religion late but is now a priest and Merielle was raised in a cult that turned out to be dedicated to a murderous demon. Merielle has issues – you have no idea…
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Richard gets all worked up about honour and face. He likes to think he is sneaky so tried to ensure that John’s weapon will jam. John ambles onto the stage, looks blankly at Richard who suddenly remembers he is chronically depressed and shoots himself in the head. John is the universal Power of Memory.
9) If 1 stole 8’s most precious possession, how would they get it back?
If Sally stole EPIC-Y-CLE’s bag-o-cone-rifle-shells-labels he would simple send the rest of the Troubleshooter squad off to shoot her and get them back. Of course it’s far more likely they would shoot each other…
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire
The Day ALL the Demons Died.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Sally, a reporter, comes to interview Gregor, a vampire, about the work he is doing in the new vampire city he is helping run.
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Not great. She is a fitness obsesses 18 year old teen who loves mainstream pop-culture. Plus, by the end, she was extremely emotionally disturbed.
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Tell the people you know to trust me. Richard collected a huge list of allies with a complicated who-owes-who list of favors.
14) Does anyone on your friends list resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
I suspect Nicky would be closest. Sinead is 6 foot tall, wiry with long blond hair. She dresses in well worn military fatigues.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Not much of a choice. Gregor and Alexi are both, in their own unique ways, Russian Ambassadors who know how to treat a Lady. She is more likely to choose Gregor simply as the come from a more common time (1700s) whereas Alexi is more Dark Ages.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
He wouldn’t say a word but his look would scare you (he has a disturbing stare).
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Kill ‘Em All – Metallica.
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time – who gets it.
Tim would be horrifed that he would be competing with someone else and snatch his hand back. Sally would read everyone’s emotions to see if it’s worth even competing and decide it wasn’t. Vector not only wouldn’t think to even notice that someone else might want it but also he has unhumanly fast reactions and gets the pancake.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
No-one can understand me either – we have that in common.
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
A cultural mis-understanding as he is far from home. He wouldn’t worry though as he has diplomatic immunity – or so he’d hope.
21) What is 6’s secret?
He doesn’t regret what’s happened to him – losing all his emotional connections to everything.
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first
Sinead would. They are both competitive but Sinead is completely ruthless.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Definitly Merielle. EPIC-Y-CLE is a huge-gun-toting lunatic whereas Mierelle is a highly trained martial-arts expert.
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4’s sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
The Goulash of Death!