I’ve been trying to catch up with my bloglines links for about a week now. I’m actually at a point where the only stuff I have allocated at work is stuff I’ve set myself so I think no-one is going to mind if I spend a few minutes doing this.
I have so many more bookmarked to read but I need to start somewhere…
- The Slanket is a fantastic product that most of the people I know would like – so now you know about it you can buy yourself one! I’d buy Amanda one for her birthday but I’m not going to remember by then…
- corone‘s fantastic Wraith write up.
- Via angusabranson – a whale parody.
- Google censors in China.
- Kids views about scientists.
- Appearently the Pope’s words are copywrite.
- Torture flights.
- More on the De Manezes shooting.
- UK to produce annual report on foreign aid.
- ID cards. Lords propose voluntary ID cards only.
- Former Republican congressman pays students to ‘shop’ liberal professors.
- Abortion parent right-to know refused. British people having sex later.
- British girls are violent.
- Semantic difference between mind and machine. Someone remind me to send this to David.
- Limits of speach recognition.
“One of my favorite phrases to explain this issue is: ‘You don’t want to speak to a computer, because you can’t speak and think at the same time’. More precisely, speech utterance makes use of some modules
in our brain which are required for planification too. Hence,you can’t plan as well what to do next when you speak, which is a big hurdle in the type of intellectual activities one carries with a computer.”
- Half of UK workforce has reading age of primary school children.
- Multicultural Britian.
- Amnesty International spoof